    variables are taking the huge amount of memory space?

    Thanks,

    Eddie
    Eddie, Oct 6, 2006

  2. Eddie

    hanumizzle Guest

    On 5 Oct 2006 16:21:50 -0700, Eddie <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a method to profile memory usage in my python program.
    > The program provides web service and therefore is intended to run for a
    > long time. However, the memory usage tends to increase all the time,
    > until in a day or two the system cannot handle it any more and starts
    > to do constant swapping. Is there a way to look at which objects or
    > variables are taking the huge amount of memory space?

    Have a look at:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t353289-memory-profiler.html

    --
    Remember that time Thotsakan punched Neil Bush in the dick?
    hanumizzle, Oct 6, 2006

  3. Eddie

    MrJean1 Guest

    The latest Python release 2.5 includes improvements to the memory
    manager and *may* work better for you, it all depends on the root cause
    of the problem. For more details, see the 5th bullet on this page
    <http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/ports.html>.

    /Jean Brouwers

    MrJean1, Oct 6, 2006
  4. Eddie