Profiling Servlets and JSPs

Ghost

I am trying to find some software that will help me profile a webstie
consisting almost entirely of Servlets and JSPs. This website accesses
a java server that is running on Tomcat on a Solaris 8 machine.

There are no JVMs running on the site.

Does anyone know of any software that can help me do this? I am trying
to determine if there are any deadlocks between threads.

Bryce

I am trying to find some software that will help me profile a webstie
consisting almost entirely of Servlets and JSPs. This website accesses
a java server that is running on Tomcat on a Solaris 8 machine.

There are no JVMs running on the site.

Does anyone know of any software that can help me do this? I am trying
to determine if there are any deadlocks between threads.

Any profiling software for Java worth its beans should be able to do
that.

I use YourKit
www.yourkit.com

And, if Tomcat is running on the site, there is definitely a JM
running on it.

?

.

I am trying to find some software that will help me profile a webstie
consisting almost entirely of Servlets and JSPs. This website accesses
a java server that is running on Tomcat on a Solaris 8 machine.

I work for the company and therefore am a little biased but I would
recommend JProbe. There is a trial version you can use if it is a one time
situation. If you are looking for something free you should be able to use
any Java profiler. The only thing JProbe couldn't do is profile a cluster.
You'd have to profile each node in the cluster and not the cluster as a
whole.
There are no JVMs running on the site.

There has to be. Do a 'ps -ef | grep java' and should should see some
processes running JVM.