    There are no JVMs running on the site.

    Does anyone know of any software that can help me do this? I am trying
    to determine if there are any deadlocks between threads.

    Ghost, May 12, 2005

  2. Ghost

    Bryce Guest

    On 12 May 2005 06:48:13 -0700, "Ghost" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to find some software that will help me profile a webstie
    >consisting almost entirely of Servlets and JSPs. This website accesses
    >a java server that is running on Tomcat on a Solaris 8 machine.
    >
    >There are no JVMs running on the site.
    >
    >Does anyone know of any software that can help me do this? I am trying
    >to determine if there are any deadlocks between threads.

    Any profiling software for Java worth its beans should be able to do
    that.

    I use YourKit
    www.yourkit.com

    And, if Tomcat is running on the site, there is definitely a JM
    running on it.

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, May 12, 2005

  3. Ghost

    . Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005, Ghost wrote:

    > I am trying to find some software that will help me profile a webstie
    > consisting almost entirely of Servlets and JSPs. This website accesses
    > a java server that is running on Tomcat on a Solaris 8 machine.

    I work for the company and therefore am a little biased but I would
    recommend JProbe. There is a trial version you can use if it is a one time
    situation. If you are looking for something free you should be able to use
    any Java profiler. The only thing JProbe couldn't do is profile a cluster.
    You'd have to profile each node in the cluster and not the cluster as a
    whole.

    > There are no JVMs running on the site.

    There has to be. Do a 'ps -ef | grep java' and should should see some
    processes running JVM.

    ., May 13, 2005
  4. Ghost

    Guest

    If you have serverlets and JSPs, then JVM _is_ on the site :)
    I'd recommend you to take a look at YourKit Java Profiler
    http://www.yourkit.com

    Regards,
    Vladimir Kondratyev

    , May 14, 2005