Prog ID not found on MSSOAP

John Bailo

I need to use the MSSOAP component on a classic asp page.

The site will access an ASP.NET webservice using the SOAP protocol.

On my workstation, I was able to do this successfully.

When I migrated the classic ASP code to the production server, it threw
this error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

Invalid ProgID.

The line that throws the error is this.

SET objSoapClient = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")

So far I have tried:

0. Installing the SOAP Toolkit ( 3.0 ).
1. Manually registering the MSSOAP *.dll
2. Setting up the site as an Application with Medium and High priority
settings.

John Bailo

I need to use the MSSOAP component on a classic asp page.

The site will access an ASP.NET webservice using the SOAP protocol.

On my workstation, I was able to do this successfully.

When I migrated the classic ASP code to the production server, it threw
this error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

Invalid ProgID.

The line that throws the error is this.

SET objSoapClient = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")

So far I have tried:

0. Installing the SOAP Toolkit ( 3.0 ).
1. Manually registering the MSSOAP *.dll
2. Setting up the site as an Application with Medium and High priority
settings.

I was using the wrong Prog ID it's MSSOAP.SoapClient30