Prog ID not found on MSSOAP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Bailo, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. John Bailo

    John Bailo Guest

    I need to use the MSSOAP component on a classic asp page.

    The site will access an ASP.NET webservice using the SOAP protocol.

    On my workstation, I was able to do this successfully.

    When I migrated the classic ASP code to the production server, it threw
    this error:

    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

    Server.CreateObject Failed

    Invalid ProgID.

    The line that throws the error is this.

    SET objSoapClient = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")

    So far I have tried:

    0. Installing the SOAP Toolkit ( 3.0 ).
    1. Manually registering the MSSOAP *.dll
    2. Setting up the site as an Application with Medium and High priority
    settings.

    --
    W '04 <:> Open Source

    John Bailo, Apr 13, 2004

  2. John Bailo

    John Bailo Guest

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:08:30 +0000, John Bailo wrote:

    > I need to use the MSSOAP component on a classic asp page.
    >
    > The site will access an ASP.NET webservice using the SOAP protocol.
    >
    > On my workstation, I was able to do this successfully.
    >
    > When I migrated the classic ASP code to the production server, it threw
    > this error:
    >
    > Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    >
    > Server.CreateObject Failed
    >
    > Invalid ProgID.
    >
    > The line that throws the error is this.
    >
    > SET objSoapClient = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
    >
    > So far I have tried:
    >
    > 0. Installing the SOAP Toolkit ( 3.0 ).
    > 1. Manually registering the MSSOAP *.dll
    > 2. Setting up the site as an Application with Medium and High priority
    > settings.

    I was using the wrong Prog ID it's MSSOAP.SoapClient30

    --
    W '04 <:> Open Source

    John Bailo, Apr 15, 2004