Program counter

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Chris Dollin, May 3, 2006.

  1. Chris Dollin

    Chris Dollin Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm a newbie at programming and I'm trying to write a program that
    > allows me to count the number of times a program is accessed with the
    > result to increment a log file. I can get it to work(ish) with vbs if
    > the user opens up the program first and then opens the file, but as
    > you can imagine most users open up the file by double clicking in
    > explorer or via shortcuts. Has anyone got any advice or can point me in
    > the right direction

    Asking the same question three times in rapid succession is likely
    to put people off helping you, ever.

    Especially when it's as dramatically off-topic as this one is.

    Try asking on a windows group (since this appears to be a windows-specific
    question).

    --
    Chris "refreshed, revitalised, relaxed, returned, registered" Dollin
    Jena User Conference: http://jena.hpl.hp.com/juc2006/index.html
    Chris Dollin, May 3, 2006

  2. Chris Dollin

    Guest

    I'm a newbie at programming and I'm trying to write a program that
    allows me to count the number of times a program is accessed with the
    result to increment a log file. I can get it to work(ish) with vbs if
    the user opens up the program first and then opens the file, but as
    you can imagine most users open up the file by double clicking in
    explorer or via shortcuts. Has anyone got any advice or can point me in
    the right direction

    Anyway thanks in advance!
    , May 3, 2006

  3. Chris Dollin

    Guest

    Thanks mate, got a really slow internet connection at work and hit post
    2 too many times. I realised what i did and removed the dupicates
    straight away. I'm new to furum etiquette so i do appologise. Thanks
    , May 3, 2006
  4. Chris Dollin

    Guest

    Sorry new to furums and its etiquette (i did remove the repeated posts
    straight away. couldn't find an appropriate location for my post but
    ill try the windows group as well
    , May 3, 2006
  5. writes:
    > Sorry new to furums and its etiquette (i did remove the repeated posts
    > straight away. couldn't find an appropriate location for my post but
    > ill try the windows group as well

    Newsgroups, not forums.

    Removing posts (i.e., cancelling articles) doesn't always work. It's
    implemented by sending out a "cancel" message, but many sites ignore
    cancels -- and it's always possible that the cancel won't catch up
    with the original message.

    It's also important to provide context when you post a followup. See
    <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> for details. It's rarely
    necessary to quote the entire article to which you're replying. Trim
    anything that's not relevant. See most of the articles in this
    newsgroup for examples.

    <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Introduction_to_comp.lang.c> is a good
    introduction to this newsgroup. The FAQ is at
    <http://www.c-faq.com/>.

    Keith Thompson, May 3, 2006