program fails after they renamed the server computer!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Trint Smith, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Trint Smith

    Trint Smith Guest

    ok,
    i had an asp.net program running perfectly...then our clients systems
    administrator renamed the computer from server05 to webserver01...well,
    i changed all the code to where the whole thing works perfectly now
    except the reports...i think something is up with the renaming because
    the only thing that don't work now is anything in the /reports/
    subdirectory. all the errors are the same:

    Server Error in '/MinkReports' Application.
    --------

    Could not open the data source. Please check RecordSource and
    ConnectionString

    Exception Details: C1.Win.C1Report.DataAccessException: Could not open
    the data source. Please check RecordSource and ConnectionString

    Source Error:

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
    web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

    Stack Trace:

    [DataAccessException: Could not open the data source. Please check
    RecordSource and ConnectionString]
    C1.Win.C1Report.13..ctor(String rs, String conn, Int32 maxRecords)
    +148
    C1.Win.C1Report.DataSource.85(Boolean 03F) +290
    C1.Win.C1Report.C1Report.AP() +138
    C1.Win.C1Report.C1Report.AO(0 05P) +20
    C1.Win.C1Report.C1Report.RenderToHtmlWriter(TextWriter output, String
    imgFiles, String idPrefix, Boolean paged, Boolean outline, Boolean&
    hasPages, Int32& pageCount) +58
    C1.Web.C1WebReport.W.4M() +356
    C1.Web.C1WebReport.NavigationBar.4I(HtmlTextWriter QU) +388
    C1.Web.C1WebReport.C1WebReport.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +423
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +72
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter
    writer) +44
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
    +263
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +72
    System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243

    ...any clues please??
    thanks,
    Trint
    .Net programmer

    Trint Smith, Aug 25, 2003

  2. It looks like the data connection is failing. Do you need to update that in the
    web.config? Or is it hardcoded in a user control?

    --
    Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 25, 2003

  3. Trint Smith

    Ravi Sankar Guest

    I suspect Trint is using crystal reports to display the
    reports. If it is so, you may have the database connection
    setup at design time (in CR) or set it at runtime in your
    application.
    So check the place where the sql connection is stored and
    updated it.

    thanks and regards,
    s.ravi sankar

    --------------
    >--------
    >
    >Could not open the data source. Please check RecordSource

    and
    >ConnectionString

    execution of the
    >current web request. Please review the stack trace for

    more information
    >about the error and where it originated in the code.
    >
    >Exception Details: C1.Win.C1Report.DataAccessException:

    Could not open
    >the data source. Please check RecordSource and

    ConnectionString

    >Source Error:
    >
    >An unhandled exception was generated during the execution

    of the current
    >web request. Information regarding the origin and

    location of the
    >exception can be identified using the exception stack

    trace below.

    >Stack Trace:
    >

    >[DataAccessException: Could not open the data source.

    Please check
    >RecordSource and ConnectionString]
    > C1.Win.C1Report.13..ctor(String rs, String conn, Int32

    maxRecords)
    >+148
    > C1.Win.C1Report.DataSource.85(Boolean 03F) +290
    > C1.Win.C1Report.C1Report.AP() +138
    > C1.Win.C1Report.C1Report.AO(0 05P) +20
    > C1.Win.C1Report.C1Report.RenderToHtmlWriter(TextWriter

    output, String
    >imgFiles, String idPrefix, Boolean paged, Boolean

    outline, Boolean&
    >hasPages, Int32& pageCount) +58
    > C1.Web.C1WebReport.W.4M() +356
    > C1.Web.C1WebReport.NavigationBar.4I(HtmlTextWriter QU)

    +388
    > C1.Web.C1WebReport.C1WebReport.Render(HtmlTextWriter

    output) +423
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter

    writer) +243
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter

    writer) +72
    > System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren

    (HtmlTextWriter
    >writer) +44
    > System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render

    (HtmlTextWriter output)
    >+263
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter

    writer) +243
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter

    writer) +72
    > System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter

    writer) +243

    >...any clues please??
    >thanks,
    >Trint