program not being run

Sam

Hello
I am getting this message every thim I try
<gdb> s
The program is not being run.

thanks

Sam

Sam said:
Hello
I am getting this message every thim I try
<gdb> s
The program is not being run.

thanks

This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"..."/home/username/perl/test.pl":
not in exeutable format: File format not recognized
(gdb)s
The program is not being run
(gdb)

Kevin Michael Vail

Sam said:
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"..."/home/username/perl/test.pl":
not in exeutable format: File format not recognized
(gdb)s
The program is not being run
(gdb)

I don't believe you can use gdb to debug a Perl script. Look at perldoc
perldebug to find out how to debug a script.

Tintin

Sam said:
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"..."/home/username/perl/test.pl":
not in exeutable format: File format not recognized
(gdb)s
The program is not being run
(gdb)

gdb is for debugging binary files.

To debug Perl programs, use (not surprisingly) the Perl debugger.

perldoc -q debug