    <gdb> s
    The program is not being run.

    thanks
    Sam, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > Hello
    > I am getting this message every thim I try
    > <gdb> s
    > The program is not being run.
    >
    > thanks

    This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"..."/home/username/perl/test.pl":
    not in exeutable format: File format not recognized
    (gdb)s
    The program is not being run
    (gdb)
    Sam, Sep 21, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    Sam <> wrote:

    > Sam wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > I am getting this message every thim I try
    > > <gdb> s
    > > The program is not being run.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

    > This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"..."/home/username/perl/test.pl":
    > not in exeutable format: File format not recognized
    > (gdb)s
    > The program is not being run
    > (gdb)

    I don't believe you can use gdb to debug a Perl script. Look at perldoc
    perldebug to find out how to debug a script.
    --
    Kevin Michael Vail | Dogbert: That's circular reasoning.
    http://www.vaildc.net/kevin/
    Kevin Michael Vail, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Sam

    Tintin Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    > Sam wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > I am getting this message every thim I try
    > > <gdb> s
    > > The program is not being run.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

    > This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"..."/home/username/perl/test.pl":
    > not in exeutable format: File format not recognized
    > (gdb)s
    > The program is not being run
    > (gdb)

    gdb is for debugging binary files.

    To debug Perl programs, use (not surprisingly) the Perl debugger.

    perldoc -q debug
    Tintin, Sep 21, 2003