    would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

    Best wishes,

    Chris Tidy
    Christopher Tidy, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Christopher Tidy

    Default User Guest

    Christopher Tidy wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
    > download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as
    > I know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia
    > card readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in
    > C++ and a lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how
    > hard it would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

    You're completely off-topic for this newsgroup, which deals with ISO
    standard C++, hence no parallel ports or operating system specific
    constructs.

    You will need to find a more appropriate newsgroup, comp.unix.solaris
    might be a good place to start.

    Brian
    Default User, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Default User wrote:
    > Christopher Tidy wrote:
    >
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
    > > download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as
    > > I know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia
    > > card readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in
    > > C++ and a lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how
    > > hard it would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

    > You're completely off-topic for this newsgroup, which deals with ISO
    > standard C++, hence no parallel ports or operating system specific
    > constructs.
    >
    > You will need to find a more appropriate newsgroup, comp.unix.solaris
    > might be a good place to start.

    Okay. Thanks Brian. I actually thought about posting at
    comp.unix.solaris, but chose here instead. Obviously I was wrong.

    Chris
    Christopher Tidy, Jan 22, 2007
  4. Christopher Tidy

    red floyd Guest

    Christopher Tidy wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
    > download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as I
    > know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia card
    > readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in C++ and a
    > lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how hard it
    > would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?

    Your question is highly off-topic. This newsgroup is for discussion of
    the Standard C++ language as defined by ISO/IEC 14882. Please ask in a
    newsgroup related to your platform.

    Please see http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

    Thank you.
    red floyd, Jan 22, 2007
  5. red floyd wrote:
    > Christopher Tidy wrote:
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > I have a Sun workstation which doesn't have USB. I want to be able to
    > > download photos from SmartMedia cards onto the workstation. As far as I
    > > know there are no drivers available for parallel port SmartMedia card
    > > readers for Solaris. I have some experience of programming in C++ and a
    > > lot of experience of PHP. Can anyone give me an idea of how hard it
    > > would be to write a driver for the card reader for Solaris?
    > >

    > Your question is highly off-topic.

    Perhaps not highly off-topic. It's not like my post was about the Mark
    Foley sex scandal or something. An understandable mistake to make, I
    think. But I take your point and I'll ask the question elsewhere.

    Chris
    Christopher Tidy, Jan 22, 2007