    Like:
    From:
    This is a paragraph
    To:

    I hope you guys can help me.
    Bye

    Cristian, Dec 15, 2007

  2. Cristian

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-12-15, Cristian <> wrote:
    > Is there a program that can convert text to html format?
    >
    > For example, how to convert something like this: "Thís is a tèst" to
    > "Thís is a tèst" when we have a 1000 word document?

    Don't bother.

    How is your source text encoded? Perhaps UTF-8, perhaps ISO-8859-1, I
    don't know. Whichever it is, you can just put that straight in the web
    page as it is, and make sure the server is set up to deliver:

    or whatever the charset is.

    If for some reason you really do need to convert everything to those &#
    things, the program to do it is only a few lines long so I guess just
    ask any programmer to write it quickly for you.

    Ben C, Dec 15, 2007

  3. ..oO(Cristian)

    >Is there a program that can convert text to html format?
    >
    >For example, how to convert something like this: "Thís is a tèst" to
    >"Thís is a tèst" when we have a 1000 word document?

    What's wrong with "Thís is a tèst"? This works perfectly in HTML, all it
    needs is a proper encoding, preferably UTF-8. There's absolutely no need
    to use character references anymore except for the few chars that have a
    special meaning in HTML.

    Micha

    Michael Fesser, Dec 15, 2007