Programatically Force the __doPostBack Function

Guest

Hello.

I'm maintaining a C# Web based project that has a class which adds a "Show
All" / "Show By Page" functionality to a datagrid that allows paginating.
This class works when there are controls on the form that do a postback but
does not work when there are none. When there is a postback control I can see
the __doPostback function in the html source code. When there isn't one it's
not there and I need to add the __doPostBack function programtically. I tried
adding the __doPostback function using Javascript but got an error on the
page.

Since I don't have a form associated with this class how can I force the
__doPostBack function to be generated?

Rita