Programatically rendering & Printing Reporting Services Reports

Stephen Wolfman

I'm rendering an RS report into an image programmatically before printing
(using
System.Drawing.Printing) it, but it always renders the image based upon the
screen resolution of the server that my app is running on. Anyone know if
there's a way to change the resolution properties of the image that is to be
rendered.

The Image Device Information Settings:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/RSPROG/htm/rsp_prog_soapapi_dev_9xip.asp
don't seem to help at all.

Surely a server process such as this won't be dependent upon screen
resolution of the server?!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Scott Allen

Hi Stephen:

Lots of MS folks hang out in
microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingservices. You might try asking
there for a better response.

Are you asking for the report from reporting services in a TIFF format
with the Image Device settings? This is not dependant on the server
resolution.

Stephen Wolfman

Thanks Scott...I've posted it in there as well (before posting it in here),
but haven't had a response yet.

I'm rendering it as an emf image...tried rendering it as a TIFF, but then I
get a Generic GDI+ error (???!!!) when I try to print it...if you have any
thoughts on that I'd certainly appreciate them at the moment!