programatically reverse enginerring to a css attached into an aspx page, is posible?

Sergio E.

Hi, I'm thinking about a trouble exposed before about a gridview export into
an excel file, and in this moment I see that maybe gridview is correctly
generated and the cells doesn't have any information about color, font,
etc., because I'm using a css file...
so I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a reverse engineering to
the attached css file to obtain that properties, something like:

me.css(me.gridview1.rowstyle.cssclass).backcolor

the fact is that I can't find any property or event in the "me" or "page"
objects that gives to me access to the css attached file...

does anybody knows how to do this things?
thanks in advance...

Brandon Gano

It isn't possible to access the CSS properties on the server, because the
CSS isn't actually loaded and linked until it reaches the client.

You will need to manually apply styles and/or html attributes to your table
at design time and avoid using linked css files altogether.

Sergio E.

thank you for your answer... i think i would happend in the way you describe
and your words confirm my suspects, thanks again.