Programatically setting form.action for Netscape?

What-a-Tool

Have a school project in which I have to use an ASP page to process data
from a form submitted by a user. Have to do this 3 ways - Using a Function,
a Sub Procedure, and a Class. Simple enough.

I decided to see if I could get them all to work from 1 submittal page using
an option group of radio buttons, and JavaScripting to send me to the
correct page (just as a personal learning experience). Got this working
also - but only in IE.

Following is some of my code:

<form name="frmsubmitF" id="frmsubmitF" onsubmit="return wheretogo();"
action="../noscript.htm" method="post">

function wheretogo()
{

if (eval("document.frmsubmitF.callfunc.checked") == true)
{
alert("Calling ASP Function");
frmsubmitF.action = "converttempfunction.asp";

It seems that Netscape doesn't recognize the < frmsubmitF.action =
"converttempfunction.asp"; >

Is there another way to do this that other browsers will recognize?

--

/ Sean the Mc /

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

David C. Holley

See microsoft.public.scripting.jscript for my response. Keep in mind
that you're mixing ASP and Client-side JavaScript, ASP of course runs on
the server.

David H

What-a-Tool

Thanks - been trying to figure out were to go with this.

Was on comp.lang.javascript and was told I didn't belong there so I thought
I'd try here.

--

/ Sean the Mc /

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

What-a-Tool

Was on comp.lang.javascript and was told I didn't belong there so I
thought
I'd try here.

After reading the latest reply there(comp.lang.javascript ), I realize I may
have misunderstood
If anybody from that group reads this, sorry.