Programmatically Accessing Browser Default Culture

jeffmagill

Hi everyone!

As the title says, I'm to access the default culture for the browser at
run time. Furthermore as some side notes, my application's goal is to
accomplish this at the application level and also the language will be
saved in a profile.

I know there must be a way to do this because the page directive can be
set with the members Culture="auto" and UICulture="auto". This is the
functionality that I am trying to accomplish though it doesn't solve
my problem because by doing so, it overrides any my profile code from
the global.asax.

I feel like I am not being entirely clear and I'm lacking the words to
explain myself so here is some pseudo code of what I'm trying to
accomplish. Really the first block is what I am interested in.

if profile.culture = "" then
set language to default-browser-language

else if profile.culture = "en-US" then
set language to english

else if profile.culture ="es" then
set language to spanish

end if

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

asp.net looks at the Accept-Encoding and Accept-Language headers the browser
(optionally) sends on a request..

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

jeffmagill

Thanks a lot Bruce! I will give that a look.