Programmatically call web service from string config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Snookie, Feb 17, 2006.

  1. Snookie

    Snookie Guest

    Hi
    I'm new to all this web services lark and am struggling to get my head
    round how to dynamically call this stuff.

    Basically, I'm writing a test harness for our latest product - this
    harness allows calls to SQL2000 stored procs (all works well) and to
    allow calls to web services. The idea is to have a config file
    containing details of the web service name and method to call and for
    the harness app (WinForms) to read this info, dynamically hook in to
    the web service, display the methods available and then allow call and
    response processing.

    Does anyone know how this can be achieved? I can't get
    Type.GetType(servicename) to work, it always returns null! I thought
    getting the Type and then iterating through methods and ultimately
    doing an Invoke on the chosen one would work but alas no.

    I'm only currently trying with the default webservice template
    (HelloWorld method) but am failing miserably :-(

    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

    Snookie

    Snookie, Feb 17, 2006

  2. Snookie

    Josh Twist Guest

    Josh Twist, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Snookie

    Snookie Guest

    Thanks for this Josh

    Have downloaded WebServiceStudio and looks and sounds like it may well
    offer me the functionality I'm after.

    Thanks again
    Snookie

    Snookie, Feb 20, 2006