Programmatically call web service from string config

Snookie

Hi
I'm new to all this web services lark and am struggling to get my head
round how to dynamically call this stuff.

Basically, I'm writing a test harness for our latest product - this
harness allows calls to SQL2000 stored procs (all works well) and to
allow calls to web services. The idea is to have a config file
containing details of the web service name and method to call and for
the harness app (WinForms) to read this info, dynamically hook in to
the web service, display the methods available and then allow call and
response processing.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved? I can't get
Type.GetType(servicename) to work, it always returns null! I thought
getting the Type and then iterating through methods and ultimately
doing an Invoke on the chosen one would work but alas no.

I'm only currently trying with the default webservice template
(HelloWorld method) but am failing miserably :-(

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Snookie

Snookie

Thanks for this Josh

Have downloaded WebServiceStudio and looks and sounds like it may well
offer me the functionality I'm after.

Thanks again
Snookie