Programmatically cancel an update

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by dev648237923, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. dev648237923

    dev648237923 Guest

    Hi --

    I have two gridviews -- one dependent on the other (ehen I select from
    GridView1 then GridView2 populates).
    Scenario:
    -Select a row in GridView1
    -GridView2 populates with child rows
    -hit Edit in GridView2 -- GridView2 goes into Editing mode
    --so far OK
    -instead of hitting Update I just select a new row from GridView1
    -GridView2 populates
    --still OK
    -Now I Select the original row in GridView1
    -GridView2 populates correctly but it is in Edit mode (the way I had left
    it) -- I want it to be in its normal mode

    So the situatuion is that Edit mode sticks -- is there a way to
    Programmatically cancel whenever I select a new row from GridView1 so the
    grid just appears normally

    Thank you!

    dev648237923, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Hi,

    You can set the EditIndex to -1 in first GridView's SelectedIndexChanged
    event:

    protected void GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender,
    EventArgs e)
    {
    GridView2.EditIndex = -1;
    }

    Though please note that selecting the same index will also cancel the edit
    mode.

    Let me know if you need further information on this. Thanks.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.