Programmatically change IE proxy settings

Guest

I need to change the IE proxy settings from code. I know I can update the
registry directly (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings). The drawback of this option is that I need to restart IE to inform
that the settings have been changed.

The Control Panel applet "inetcpl.cpl" is also capable of changing the proxy
server without restarting IE. So I guess there is some kind of COM interface
or Windows message involved to change the proxy without restart. Anyone knows
how?

Guest

The function 'InternetSetOption' from WININET.DLL helps to do this.
Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to access this from managed code :(