Programmatically display .MHT files inline

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by srivalli chavali via DotNetMonster.com, May 18, 2005.

  1. Hi.

    I have a PDF file and a MHT file.
    Following is the code I'm using to read the file and display it INLINE in
    the browser.
    PageData is a MemoryStream object that contains the file's actual stream of
    bytes.

    ---------------------------- PDF files ----------------------------
    Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
    Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/pdf");
    Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "inline;filename=file.pdf");
    PageData.WriteTo(Response.OutputStream);

    ---------------------------- MHT files ----------------------------
    Response.ContentType = "message/rfc822";
    Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "message/rfc822");
    Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "inline;filename=file.mht");
    PageData.WriteTo(Response.OutputStream);

    Using the above code, I can successfully view the PDF files, but NOT MHT
    files.
    For MHT files, Blank IE window appears and the "View Source" displays the
    following HTML.
    ----
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-
    1252"></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>
    ----
    Please note that I can view both PDF and MHT files successfully as
    attachments, as opposed to being inline.
    i.e., Response.AddHeader("content-disposition",
    "attachment;filename=file.mht"); works absolutely fine.

    I'm wondering if MHT files can be viewed inline at all. If yes, please let
    me know where I'm doing it wrong.

    Thanks in advance.

    -Srivalli.

    srivalli chavali via DotNetMonster.com, May 18, 2005