Programmatically Rotate Datagrid Rows

Jay

I'm wondering if anyone has even encountered a control or other scripting
that will automatically rotate the rows of a datagrid... I am in the process
of building an asp.net application that will display statistics on a large
LCD display for viewing by people within the room (30 feet away). One
problem is that the screen can obviously only display so much legible data
at a time. I may have upwards of 60 or 70 rows to display on a rotating
basis. I need to programmatically display only about 10 or so at a time.
What I have attempted to do simply use a <marquee direction=up> tag around a
datagrid, however, I do not want the datagrid header to move. I have also
tried setting showheader=false in the datagrid and creating my own header,
however, I can never get the column widths to line up properly (even when
forcing widths). Ideally I would like the header to remain locked in place
and have x number of rotating rows from the data bound grid displayed every
x number of seconds (or minute(s)). Have you ever seen such functionality?
The content scroller control at
http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.rotator/Default.aspx?Tab=Examples&Example=Design/ContentScroller
looks like it may do something very similar to what I need to accomplish (I
would need a locked header and fixed width datagrid columns though). Any
ideas?

Have you thought of a data repeater? I found an example of custom server
control that repeats for each row in a dataset. This way your display
could
be organized in a readable manner. It works great and does account for
alternating rows. I have an example control and application if you need.

Best Regards,