    looks like it may do something very similar to what I need to accomplish (I
    would need a locked header and fixed width datagrid columns though). Any
    ideas?
    Jay, May 10, 2005

  2. Jay

    Elton W Guest

    Hi Jay,

    A datagrid actually is table when rendering in client-
    side. Since your application is for display only, you can
    manfully create your own datagrid (table) that has headers
    in the first column.

    HTH

    Elton Wang

    other scripting
    >that will automatically rotate the rows of a datagrid...

    I am in the process
    >of building an asp.net application that will display

    statistics on a large
    >LCD display for viewing by people within the room (30

    feet away). One
    >problem is that the screen can obviously only display so

    much legible data
    >at a time. I may have upwards of 60 or 70 rows to display

    on a rotating
    >basis. I need to programmatically display only about 10

    or so at a time.
    >What I have attempted to do simply use a <marquee

    direction=up> tag around a
    >datagrid, however, I do not want the datagrid header to

    move. I have also
    >tried setting showheader=false in the datagrid and

    creating my own header,
    >however, I can never get the column widths to line up

    properly (even when
    >forcing widths). Ideally I would like the header to

    remain locked in place
    >and have x number of rotating rows from the data bound

    grid displayed every
    >x number of seconds (or minute(s)). Have you ever seen

    such functionality?
    >The content scroller control at
    >http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.rotator/Default.aspx?

    Tab=Examples&Example=Design/ContentScroller

    Elton W, May 10, 2005

  3. Jay

    J Guest

    Have you thought of a data repeater? I found an example of custom server
    control that repeats for each row in a dataset. This way your display
    could
    be organized in a readable manner. It works great and does account for
    alternating rows. I have an example control and application if you need.

    Best Regards,

    "Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm wondering if anyone has even encountered a control or other

    scripting
    > that will automatically rotate the rows of a datagrid... I am in the
    > process of building an asp.net application that will display statistics

    on
    > a large LCD display for viewing by people within the room (30 feet

    away).
    > One problem is that the screen can obviously only display so much

    legible
    > data at a time. I may have upwards of 60 or 70 rows to display on a
    > rotating basis. I need to programmatically display only about 10 or so

    at
    > a time. What I have attempted to do simply use a <marquee direction=up>
    > tag around a datagrid, however, I do not want the datagrid header to

    move.
    > I have also tried setting showheader=false in the datagrid and creating

    my
    > own header, however, I can never get the column widths to line up

    properly
    > (even when forcing widths). Ideally I would like the header to remain
    > locked in place and have x number of rotating rows from the data bound
    > grid displayed every x number of seconds (or minute(s)). Have you ever
    > seen such functionality? The content scroller control at

    http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.rotator/Default.aspx?Tab=Examples&Example=Des
    ign/ContentScroller
    > looks like it may do something very similar to what I need to accomplish
    > (I would need a locked header and fixed width datagrid columns though).
    > Any ideas?

    It has removed 3307 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
    J, May 16, 2005