Programmatically select Bluetooth device

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Gregor Ljubich, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. We are looking for a solution that would allow us to
    integrate Bluetooth functions into our applications.
    We are using Intermec terminals running on Pocket PC 2003
    platform. Terminals have integrated Bluetooth interface +
    drivers. We are also using three other devices upgraded
    with Bluetooth RS232 adapters. We have already developed
    all our applications that communicate with those devices.
    The problem we are having is that we are unable to switch
    between the devices automatically. We would like to
    programmatically select the device we are communicating
    with. As Serial Port Profile (SPP) is used, the Bluetooth
    Manager is shown every time we open COM port and the end
    user has to manually select the device. This is
    unacceptable. What we need is some method (using API
    functions or an SDK), where we could select the device
    from our application code with no user intervention. This
    could be accomplished by either selecting which device is
    targeted by predefined COM port, or by assigning each
    device its own incoming and outgoing port pairs. We do
    know the Bluetooth address and service name beforehand,
    so no discovery is needed.

    Thanks, Grega

    Gregor Ljubich, Apr 6, 2004