programmatically visiting a URL without opening browser session

Ken Fine

Using ASP, is there an easy way in code to "visit a URL", without opening a
browser session?

Explanation: I have a page caching class. The page caching class's behavior
can effectively be "programmed" via instructions that are sent through the
querystring. When members of our staff update articles using a CMS I
programmed, I would like the cache to be flushed. The cache can be rebuilt
by issuing an instruction via a URL querystring.

I would like the machine to programmatically "visit" two different URLs
without actually showing those pages to the user.

Is there an easy way to do what I want, here?

Thanks.

-KF

Chris Hohmann

http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173