programmatically visiting a URL without opening browser session

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ken Fine, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Ken Fine

    Ken Fine Guest

    Using ASP, is there an easy way in code to "visit a URL", without opening a
    browser session?

    Explanation: I have a page caching class. The page caching class's behavior
    can effectively be "programmed" via instructions that are sent through the
    querystring. When members of our staff update articles using a CMS I
    programmed, I would like the cache to be flushed. The cache can be rebuilt
    by issuing an instruction via a URL querystring.

    I would like the machine to programmatically "visit" two different URLs
    without actually showing those pages to the user.

    Is there an easy way to do what I want, here?

    Thanks.

    -KF

    Ken Fine, Oct 25, 2004

    http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173