    rvj Guest

    Anyone know if its possible to create an ASP script to reset the default
    page of a particular directory

    rvj, Aug 3, 2008

  2. rvj

    Evertjan. Guest

    rvj wrote on 03 aug 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Anyone know if its possible to create an ASP script to reset the default
    > page of a particular directory

    What do you mean with resetting a page?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 3, 2008

  3. rvj

    rvj Guest

    simply access IIS directory records and replace an existing document name
    for the specified directory

    even if that means removing any existing default document names
    and then insert a new default document name

    eg change the default document name from x.htm to y.xml

    rvj, Aug 3, 2008
  4. "rvj" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know if its possible to create an ASP script to reset the default
    > page of a particular directory

    It can be done use ADSI apis but the security context underwhich the script
    runs will need to be at least an operator or even an administrator. IOW
    the anonymous user will not do.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Aug 3, 2008