Programming Contest: Create a Crossword

potm

C/C++/Perl/Python/PHP/Shell/awk/Ruby/TCL/etc ...
Given a list of words, your program must create a crossword puzzle.
Deadline: February 28, 2005.

http://dinsights.com/POTM is the home of the "Programmer Of The Month"
contest. The POTM is purely for fun and is not sponsored. The contest
originated in the early 90s and has recently (09/2004) been revived.

We now have 850+ members with an active message board ... I hope you'll
find the time to visit! ADVthanksANCE!

=Fred (a.k.a. the POTM-MASTER)

Gianni Mariani

C/C++/Perl/Python/PHP/Shell/awk/Ruby/TCL/etc ...
Given a list of words, your program must create a crossword puzzle.
Deadline: February 28, 2005.

http://dinsights.com/POTM is the home of the "Programmer Of The Month"
contest. The POTM is purely for fun and is not sponsored. The contest
originated in the early 90s and has recently (09/2004) been revived.

Compilers: gcc (C), g++ (C++) -
gcc/g++ -v yields: Reading specs from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4/specs
gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
library and include limitations may exist. I have no ability to
extend the capabilities provided by the host.

That's not a C++ compiler :)

Seriously, you're not getting a fair treatment of C++ with that
compiler. I suggest you try to upgrade it to preferbly the latest GCC
release.