    has an example. An ideal example maybe would be a simple calculator or
    something.

    Greetz.

    Hannes, May 10, 2005

  2. Hannes wrote:
    > I just started to find out that I can write programs in Java for my
    > cell phone. I just started but it is hard to find examples. Does anyone
    > has an example. An ideal example maybe would be a simple calculator or
    > something.

    Which phone do you have? You can download and look at Sun's Wireless
    Toolkit to get you started on MIDP (Mobile Information Device Profile,
    which is the Java API for developing for mobiles) and you can check out
    the various articles by C. Enrique Ortiz, Eric Giguere, Jonathan
    Knudsen, et. al. online for examples, tips and all.

    Also, check out my J2ME FAQ: <http://mcpierce.mypage.org/j2mefaq.html>

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

    Darryl Pierce, May 10, 2005

  3. Hannes

    Hannes Guest

    >Which phone do you have?
    I use Netbeans. I just going to start with a simulation cell phone. I
    think it is a simulated siemens.

    Hannes, May 10, 2005
  4. Hannes wrote:
    >>Which phone do you have?

    > I use Netbeans. I just going to start with a simulation cell phone. I
    > think it is a simulated siemens.

    The emulators are generic. I would recommend, though, using Eclipse and
    Sun's Wireless Toolkit, but that's my personal preference.

    Darryl Pierce, May 12, 2005