Programming GSM java

Hannes

Hello,

I just started to find out that I can write programs in Java for my
cell phone. I just started but it is hard to find examples. Does anyone
has an example. An ideal example maybe would be a simple calculator or
something.

Greetz.

Darryl Pierce

Hannes said:
I just started to find out that I can write programs in Java for my
cell phone. I just started but it is hard to find examples. Does anyone
has an example. An ideal example maybe would be a simple calculator or
something.

Which phone do you have? You can download and look at Sun's Wireless
Toolkit to get you started on MIDP (Mobile Information Device Profile,
which is the Java API for developing for mobiles) and you can check out
the various articles by C. Enrique Ortiz, Eric Giguere, Jonathan
Knudsen, et. al. online for examples, tips and all.

Also, check out my J2ME FAQ: <http://mcpierce.mypage.org/j2mefaq.html>

Hannes

Which phone do you have?
I use Netbeans. I just going to start with a simulation cell phone. I
think it is a simulated siemens.

Darryl Pierce

Hannes said:
I use Netbeans. I just going to start with a simulation cell phone. I
think it is a simulated siemens.

The emulators are generic. I would recommend, though, using Eclipse and
Sun's Wireless Toolkit, but that's my personal preference.