Programming in java

sat20in

Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

RedGrittyBrick

Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

Your question is frequently asked. Use Google to search this newsgroup
for previous in-depth answers covering tutorials, books, courses etc

I recommend you download Eclipse or NetBeans, buy a book or two and
start reading Sun's tutorial at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

Mark Space

Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

_Learning Java_ by O'Reilly is the best book I have found for starting Java.

Javapassion website is run by a Sun employee and researcher, Sang Shin,
who has free online courses. The Introductory course would be best for
you (the second link).

http://www.javapassion.com/
http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro/

Sun's tutorials are OK but not great to try to learn from. After you
get a bit of the basics from Javapassion and _Learning Java_ you can use
the tutorials to expand your knowledge.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

Finally, you can look up Javadoc for Java classes on Google. Append "se
6" to the search to get the latest Javadoc. (Mine comes up SE 1.4.2 or
1.3 if I don't.) For example:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=java+string+se+6>

Good luck.