    Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
    this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

    , Mar 12, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
    > Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
    > this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

    Your question is frequently asked. Use Google to search this newsgroup
    for previous in-depth answers covering tutorials, books, courses etc

    I recommend you download Eclipse or NetBeans, buy a book or two and
    start reading Sun's tutorial at
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 12, 2008

  3. rossum Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:02:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    >Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
    >Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
    >this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

    A good place to start is the Sun Java tutorials at
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/index.html

    rossum

    rossum, Mar 12, 2008
  4. Mark Space Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
    > Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
    > this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

    _Learning Java_ by O'Reilly is the best book I have found for starting Java.

    Javapassion website is run by a Sun employee and researcher, Sang Shin,
    who has free online courses. The Introductory course would be best for
    you (the second link).

    http://www.javapassion.com/
    http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro/

    Sun's tutorials are OK but not great to try to learn from. After you
    get a bit of the basics from Javapassion and _Learning Java_ you can use
    the tutorials to expand your knowledge.

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

    Finally, you can look up Javadoc for Java classes on Google. Append "se
    6" to the search to get the latest Javadoc. (Mine comes up SE 1.4.2 or
    1.3 if I don't.) For example:

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=java+string+se+6>

    Good luck.

    Mark Space, Mar 12, 2008
  5. Tim Slattery Guest

    Tim Slattery, Mar 12, 2008
  6. Lew Guest

    RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hi friends happy to join with this group. i am Sat twenty, working in
    >> Bangalore asSr. Software Engg .. I am new to java programming. can
    >> this group help me to start programming in JAVA?

    > Your question is frequently asked. Use Google to search this newsgroup
    > for previous in-depth answers covering tutorials, books, courses etc
    >
    > I recommend you download Eclipse or NetBeans, buy a book or two and
    > start reading Sun's tutorial at
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

    Also, it's "Java".

    --