    questions as soon as posible.

    Sincerely,
    Prophet
    Alejandro Lombardo, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Alejandro Lombardo wrote:
    > Dear sirs:
    >
    > I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
    > latest version of python?

    Yes, sure!

    > Is python the best computer programming
    > language development tool in the entire universe? If it isn´t could you
    > please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
    > development tool in the entire universe?

    While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
    toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse,
    is highly superior at the moment.

    > So that I can download it from
    > the Internet for free? I would apreciate it if you could answer these
    > questions as soon as posible.

    I'm sorry, the inhabitants of the Betelgeuse system have discarded the
    Internet long ago in favor of a much better communication system based
    on tachyons, and bad news (because, as you know, there are only two
    things in the universe that travel faster than light: tachyons and
    bad news).

    Have fun with Python instead.

    ;-)

    --Irmen de Jong
    Irmen de Jong, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Alejandro Lombardo

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    Alejandro Lombardo:
    >I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
    >latest version of python?

    Yes.

    >Is python the best computer programming language development tool in
    >the entire universe?

    No.

    >If it isn´t could you please tell me the name of the best computer
    >programming language development tool

    Eiffel.
    http://docs.eiffel.com/general/guided_tour/language/invitation-00.html

    >in the entire universe?

    The lander defense system of the Martians is also quite good.

    --
    René Pijlman
    Rene Pijlman, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Rene Pijlman wrote:

    > The lander defense system of the Martians is also quite good.

    Ah! I already suspected that the 'it has landed in a hole' excuse
    about why the Beagle2's contact is lost, was a lie. What truly happened
    is that it has been obliterated by a gamma ray. :)

    --Irmen
    Irmen de Jong, Dec 30, 2003
  5. >>> While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
    toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse, is highly superior
    at the moment.

    Hi !

    But you don't know Var'Aq, the klingon Programmin Language" ???

    See this links :

    http://www.geocities.com/connorbd/varaq
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/varaq.htm
    http://www.trektoday.com/news/070800_05.shtml
    http://www.langmaker.com/db/mdl_varaq.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Var'aq

    @-salutations
    --
    Michel Claveau
    mél : http://cerbermail.com/?6J1TthIa8B
    Michel Claveau/Hamster, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Alejandro Lombardo

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    Rene Pijlman:
    >Alejandro Lombardo:
    >>If it isn´t could you please tell me the name of the best computer
    >>programming language development tool

    >Eiffel.

    Waitaminute... you're not asking for a programming language, but for a
    programming language development tool? Do you mean things like lex and
    yacc?

    --
    René Pijlman
    Rene Pijlman, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Alejandro Lombardo

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Alejandro,
    > I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
    > latest version of python?

    Yes. There are many compiler tools written in python. Google for
    "python lex yacc".

    > Is python the best computer programming
    > language development tool in the entire universe?

    I've heard they have some very good programming languages over at
    Venus :)

    A programming language is like a tool, it's good for some things and
    not good for other things. As a general purpose langauge it's as good
    a they come.

    HTH.
    Miki.
    Miki Tebeka, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Alejandro Lombardo

    Mark Carter Guest

    "Alejandro Lombardo" <> wrote in message

    > I need to create a programming language.

    Why?

    Why not just use Python as-is?

    > Can this be done with the
    > latest version of python?

    Yes, given some extra modules. But like it says in a Star Trek movie:
    "Just because a thing can be done, does not mean that it should be
    done".

    Mark Carter, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Rene Pijlman <> writes:

    > >If it isn´t could you please tell me the name of the best computer
    > >programming language development tool

    > Eiffel.
    > http://docs.eiffel.com/general/guided_tour/language/invitation-00.html

    Most people I know these days say either SML or ANTLR. That said,
    developing a programming language is an extremely difficult task and
    the OP should be advised that he should perhaps start with books (such
    as Aho, Sethi, and Ullman's Red Dragon book [1]) instead of with
    tools.

    1) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201100886/102-9516987-5143361?v=glance

    --
    Christopher A. Craig <>
    Courage atrophies from lack of use
    Christopher A. Craig, Dec 30, 2003
  10. Alejandro Lombardo

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    Irmen de Jong wrote:

    > Alejandro Lombardo wrote:
    >
    >> Is python the best computer programming language development tool in
    >> the entire universe? If it isn´t could you please tell me the name of
    >> the best computer programming language development tool in the entire
    >> universe?

    > While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
    > toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse,
    > is highly superior at the moment.

    I hear that the port of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ for the .NET platform (named
    "Sqiwrnsyivstblz++#") is even better.
    Lyle Johnson, Dec 30, 2003
  11. Alejandro Lombardo

    Allenabethea Guest

    >I hear that the port of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ for the .NET platform (named
    >"Sqiwrnsyivstblz++#") is even better.

    I'm in the process of upgrading my PC jr to 640K and then installing windows
    3.1.
    are there any 16-bit dos or windows binary packages of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ which
    will run on dos 5.0 and windows 3.1?
    I'd rather have binaries but if I have to compile, I need a source version that
    will compile with Mix PowerC 2.0

    allen.
    Allenabethea, Dec 30, 2003
  12. On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:32:27 +0000, Allenabethea wrote:
    > I'd rather have binaries but if I have to compile, I need a source version
    > that will compile with Mix PowerC 2.0

    *glances at the mix powerc manual on his bookshelf*
    *glances at the stack of floppies in his cabinet with mix powerc source on
    them*

    Okay.
    *now* I feel old.
    Samuel Walters, Dec 31, 2003
  13. "Alejandro Lombardo" <> writes:

    > Dear sirs:
    > I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
    > latest version of python? Is python the best computer programming
    > language development tool in the entire universe? If it isn´t could you
    > please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
    > development tool in the entire universe?

    Lisp.
    Jacek Generowicz, Jan 6, 2004
  14. Alejandro Lombardo

    Josef Meile Guest

    > I've heard they have some very good programming languages over at
    > Venus :)
    >
    > A programming language is like a tool, it's good for some things and
    > not good for other things. As a general purpose langauge it's as good
    > a they come.

    I agree. I think you can't say that a language is the best because you
    like it. Indeed, you can't do such affirmation, for languages have their
    weaknesses too. Afterall languages are made by people and we aren't
    perfect.

    Another think is that you can say that a language is good because it's
    easy to code (like python), or because it offers a programming environment
    like the visual suite of microsoft, or because it's fast when excecuting
    the code written on it, or because of its comunity, or because of its number
    of modules. I think there are many factors and needs depending on the person
    who is going to use it. So, for each person this selection will be
    different. Anyway,
    sometime ago, somebody posted this links here:

    http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/index2.shtml
    http://www.ipd.uka.de/~prechelt/Biblio/jccpprt_computer2000.pdf

    They may help you on your election.

    Regards,