Programming language from python

Alejandro Lombardo

Dear sirs:
I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
latest version of python? Is python the best computer programming
language development tool in the entire universe? If it isn´t could you
please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
development tool in the entire universe? So that I can download it from
the Internet for free? I would apreciate it if you could answer these
questions as soon as posible.

Sincerely,
Prophet

Irmen de Jong

Alejandro said:
Dear sirs:

I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
latest version of python?

Yes, sure!
Is python the best computer programming
language development tool in the entire universe? If it isn´t could you
please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
development tool in the entire universe?

While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse,
is highly superior at the moment.
So that I can download it from
the Internet for free? I would apreciate it if you could answer these
questions as soon as posible.

I'm sorry, the inhabitants of the Betelgeuse system have discarded the
Internet long ago in favor of a much better communication system based
on tachyons, and bad news (because, as you know, there are only two
things in the universe that travel faster than light: tachyons and
bad news).

Have fun with Python instead.

;-)

--Irmen de Jong

Rene Pijlman

Alejandro Lombardo:
I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
latest version of python?
Yes.

Is python the best computer programming language development tool in
the entire universe?
No.

If it isn´t could you please tell me the name of the best computer
programming language development tool
Eiffel.
http://docs.eiffel.com/general/guided_tour/language/invitation-00.html

in the entire universe?

The lander defense system of the Martians is also quite good.

Irmen de Jong

Rene said:
The lander defense system of the Martians is also quite good.

Ah! I already suspected that the 'it has landed in a hole' excuse
about why the Beagle2's contact is lost, was a lie. What truly happened
is that it has been obliterated by a gamma ray. :)

--Irmen

Michel Claveau/Hamster

Rene Pijlman

Rene Pijlman:
Alejandro Lombardo:

Eiffel.

Waitaminute... you're not asking for a programming language, but for a
programming language development tool? Do you mean things like lex and
yacc?

Miki Tebeka

Hello Alejandro,
I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
latest version of python?
Yes. There are many compiler tools written in python. Google for
"python lex yacc".
Is python the best computer programming
language development tool in the entire universe?
I've heard they have some very good programming languages over at
Venus :)

A programming language is like a tool, it's good for some things and
not good for other things. As a general purpose langauge it's as good
a they come.

HTH.
Miki.

Mark Carter

Alejandro Lombardo said:
I need to create a programming language.

Why?

Why not just use Python as-is?
Can this be done with the
latest version of python?

Yes, given some extra modules. But like it says in a Star Trek movie:
"Just because a thing can be done, does not mean that it should be
done".
Is python the best computer programming
language development tool in the entire universe?

No.

Christopher A. Craig

Lyle Johnson

Irmen said:
While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse,
is highly superior at the moment.

I hear that the port of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ for the .NET platform (named
"Sqiwrnsyivstblz++#") is even better.

Allenabethea

I hear that the port of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ for the .NET platform (named
"Sqiwrnsyivstblz++#") is even better.

I'm in the process of upgrading my PC jr to 640K and then installing windows
3.1.
are there any 16-bit dos or windows binary packages of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ which
will run on dos 5.0 and windows 3.1?
I'd rather have binaries but if I have to compile, I need a source version that
will compile with Mix PowerC 2.0

allen.

Samuel Walters

I'd rather have binaries but if I have to compile, I need a source version
that will compile with Mix PowerC 2.0

*glances at the mix powerc manual on his bookshelf*
*glances at the stack of floppies in his cabinet with mix powerc source on
them*

Okay.
*now* I feel old.

Jacek Generowicz

Alejandro Lombardo said:
Dear sirs:
I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
latest version of python? Is python the best computer programming
language development tool in the entire universe? If it isn´t could you
please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
development tool in the entire universe?

Lisp.

Josef Meile

I've heard they have some very good programming languages over at
Venus :)

A programming language is like a tool, it's good for some things and
not good for other things. As a general purpose langauge it's as good
a they come.
I agree. I think you can't say that a language is the best because you
like it. Indeed, you can't do such affirmation, for languages have their
weaknesses too. Afterall languages are made by people and we aren't
perfect.

Another think is that you can say that a language is good because it's
easy to code (like python), or because it offers a programming environment
like the visual suite of microsoft, or because it's fast when excecuting
the code written on it, or because of its comunity, or because of its number
of modules. I think there are many factors and needs depending on the person
who is going to use it. So, for each person this selection will be
different. Anyway,
sometime ago, somebody posted this links here:

http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/index2.shtml
http://www.ipd.uka.de/~prechelt/Biblio/jccpprt_computer2000.pdf

They may help you on your election.

Regards,