"Programming Ruby", when to expect P11?

Michael Chow

It's been a year since the last printing and I've noticed a lot of
errata has gathered up since then, it seems like it's high time for P11.

I want to go through the book once again, but if P11 is imminent, I'd
rather wait for it.

Considering it's been a year now, maybe P10 is going to be the last for
this edition, would anyone happen to know?

Thanks.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Michael said:
It's been a year since the last printing and I've noticed a lot of
errata has gathered up since then, it seems like it's high time for P11.

I want to go through the book once again, but if P11 is imminent, I'd
rather wait for it.

Considering it's been a year now, maybe P10 is going to be the last for
this edition, would anyone happen to know?

Thanks.

While we're on the subject, are there books in the works on Ruby 1.9.0?
It seems like it's very close to release.

Michael Chow

I doubt anyone would write a book for an intermediate release. They
could very likely be on time for Ruby 2.0 however.

John Joyce

It may be that imminent release of new Ruby and new Rails are both
making new books from Pragmatic Programmers wait.
Imagine publishing a bunch of books that would be out of date in a
few months...

Michael Chow

Actually all I was expecting and wanting were updated PDFs :)

Programming books on paper... *shivers*

Ben Bleything

I doubt anyone would write a book for an intermediate release. They
could very likely be on time for Ruby 2.0 however.

IIRC, 1.9 is not an intermediate release. For historical reasons I
don't full understand, each section of the version number can only be
one digit, so 1.9 is the highest version of Ruby 1.x.

Ruby 1.9 would be Ruby 1.10 if 1.10 was possible... again, if I'm
remembering right.

Ben