    Considering it's been a year now, maybe P10 is going to be the last for
    this edition, would anyone happen to know?

    Thanks.
    Michael Chow, Sep 26, 2007

  2. Michael Chow wrote:
    > It's been a year since the last printing and I've noticed a lot of
    > errata has gathered up since then, it seems like it's high time for P11.
    >
    > I want to go through the book once again, but if P11 is imminent, I'd
    > rather wait for it.
    >
    > Considering it's been a year now, maybe P10 is going to be the last for
    > this edition, would anyone happen to know?
    >
    > Thanks.

    While we're on the subject, are there books in the works on Ruby 1.9.0?
    It seems like it's very close to release.
    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Sep 26, 2007

  3. Michael Chow

    Michael Chow Guest

    I doubt anyone would write a book for an intermediate release. They
    could very likely be on time for Ruby 2.0 however.
    Michael Chow, Sep 26, 2007
  4. Michael Chow

    John Joyce Guest

    It may be that imminent release of new Ruby and new Rails are both
    making new books from Pragmatic Programmers wait.
    Imagine publishing a bunch of books that would be out of date in a
    few months...
    John Joyce, Sep 26, 2007
  5. Michael Chow

    Michael Chow Guest

    Actually all I was expecting and wanting were updated PDFs :)

    Programming books on paper... *shivers*
    Michael Chow, Sep 26, 2007
  6. On Wed, Sep 26, 2007, Michael Chow wrote:
    > I doubt anyone would write a book for an intermediate release. They
    > could very likely be on time for Ruby 2.0 however.

    IIRC, 1.9 is not an intermediate release. For historical reasons I
    don't full understand, each section of the version number can only be
    one digit, so 1.9 is the highest version of Ruby 1.x.

    Ruby 1.9 would be Ruby 1.10 if 1.10 was possible... again, if I'm
    remembering right.

    Ben
    Ben Bleything, Sep 26, 2007