programming skills

Lew Pitcher

John F

hi!
ho0w do0 i enhanced my pro0grmming skills???????/

By writing correct english. It's almost like C.

if( you->use( CORRECT_SYNTAX )) {
you->get( BETTER_PROGRAMMING_SKILLS );

Keith Thompson

hi!
ho0w do0 i enhanced my pro0grmming skills???????/

Start by enhancing your English skills. You won't be able to improve
your programming skills without being able to communicate effectively
with other people, and you won't be able to communicate effectively
without using something resembling standard English.

Compare this:

ho0w do0 i enhanced my pro0grmming skills???????/

to this:

How do I enhance my programming skills?

Most people don't mind a few errors, especially if English isn't your
native language, but *some* effort to write correctly will be greatly
appreciated.

And try another newsgroup (perhaps comp.programming) *unless* you have
a question about the C programming language, which is what we discuss
here.

Joe Wright

hi!
ho0w do0 i enhanced my pro0grmming skills???????/
This guy gets in a New York City taxicab and asks the driver: "How do I
get to Carnegie Hall?". The driver turns to him and says "Practice!".

CBFalconer

Lew said:
First, learn to type.

He's shown up with junk like this before. I suspect trolling.
He's on the potential plonk list already.

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer said:
He's shown up with junk like this before. I suspect trolling.
He's on the potential plonk list already.

groups.google.com shows only two articles posted by
(e-mail address removed), both here in comp.lang.c, posted 3 minutes
apart. Aside from the odd writing style, he's offered advice about
learning programming languages and asked for advice about improving
his own skills.

It's far too early to assume he's a troll.

santosh

Keith said:
groups.google.com shows only two articles posted by
(e-mail address removed), both here in comp.lang.c, posted 3 minutes
apart. Aside from the odd writing style, he's offered advice about
learning programming languages and asked for advice about improving
his own skills.

It's far too early to assume he's a troll.

Nevertheless, recommending to a poster to learn C, C++ and Java and
then going on to ask a question like this indicates, to me atleast,
flippancy bordering on obnoxiousness. Some of the traits of a possible
troll.

Kenny McCormack

Keith Thompson said:
It's far too early to assume he's a troll.

I think you should give him the benefit of the doubts.

(clc: where the trolls are the experts - and vice versa)

Pedro Graca

John said:
for(;;)
{
WriteCode();
MakeMistakes();
FixMistakes();
if(LearnFromMistakes())
{
skills++;

but make sure `skills' is not `signed char' or you'll overflow and will
have to restart from less than zero -- I think this hapenned to me a
long time ago :)