progress bar and page_load

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by greg, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    Hi

    Basically I call a page that does a very long op
    But I need to display a progress bar
    no frames

    There is an old trick in html and asp

    for a page that has a long operation
    Response.buffering is disabled and
    initially div with progress bar is displayed
    when page finally fully loads (when op is completed)
    onload function makes div invisible

    but for web forms does not work it seems
    untill page_load finishes nothing is displayed whatever
    Response.bufferoutput is set to false

    !!!!

    Thanks
    GSL