Progress bar in asp while file is downloading

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by shil, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. shil

    shil Guest

    Users can view mpeg movies from my website. When users who don't have
    DSL, it takes longer time to launch windows media player and play the
    movie. There is no indication to the users that file download is going
    on. To them it appears hung.

    Is there any way to show progress bar on the page while file is
    downloading in the background?

    My code is:

    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    <TABLE id="Table1" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="479"
    border="0" height="74">
    <TR>
    <TD align="center" class="HeaderText">Nalco Communications Video
    Library</TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD width="769" align="center">
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

    Thank you.
    shil, Mar 28, 2006

  2. shil

    Slim Guest

    Yes you can, windows media player gives you events telling you what it is
    doing such as loading playing buffering, but this is on the client side not
    the server side.

    I made a quick example, look at source code, look up the windows media
    object at MSDN, it has many events and properties to play with

    http://wanews.org/test/WM/WMEvents.asp

    Slim, Mar 29, 2006

  3. shil

    shil Guest

    Hi,

    Can I have the source code from your example?

    Appreciate your help.
    shil, Mar 29, 2006
  4. shil

    Slim Guest