Progress Bar Problem

Chris Huddle

I've got an aspx page with some vb code-behind. I want the page to display
a progress bar and then start the codebehind. The problem is that the page
wants to run the code-behind first. Is there any way to flush out the aspx
page to the user so that they see the progress bar (a simple gif) and then
start the code-behind? Thanks! - Chris

John Sparrow

You could spawn a thread to do the (long running) work, and give the
page a refresh tag so it automatically updates every 5 seconds or so.
It could then check on the status of the worker thread, and render a
bar-image accordingly. When finished it could redirect you to a
results page.

For the graph I just use a table element, with no border and a solid
fill. Downloads quicker!

John