Progress count in terminal (Mac OS X)

Tommy Grav

I have a program that does a lot of iterations and would like
to follow its progress by having it print out the current iteration
number as it progresses. How do I do this so that it appears
like a counter that increases in the same place in the terminal
window? I am using python2.5 on a Mac OSX and its terminal
tcsh window.

Cheers
Tommy