Project... Copy Project Settings

Selden McCabe

I have a new web server, somewhere on the Internet.
I have remote desktop sharing set so I can fully access the machine via
Netmeeting.
The server has IIS and is already hosting a few web sites and FTP sites.
I've created a folder on the local hard drive, and created a new virtual
directory in IIS pointing to this folder.
When I do a Copy Project (from within .Net on my development machine) to the
server, I get a big error message about front page server extensions
appearing not to be installed.
Under the Add/Remove programs, Windows components, FPE 2000 is installed.

I can right-click, all tasks, "open with front page" on the default web
site, and it opens.

If I try that on my newly created virtual directory, it says front page
server extensions are not installed.

What am I missing? How do I set up my new virtual directory so I can do a
"copy project" from within the .net environment?

Thanks!
---Selden McCabe

Scott Allen

I've created a folder on the local hard drive, and created a new
virtual
directory in IIS pointing to this folder.
When I do a Copy Project (from within .Net on my development machine)
to the
server, I get a big error message about front page server extensions
appearing not to be installed.

Selden - you need FPSE at the destination - on the server where you are trying
to deploy to. Does the remote server have FFPSE?

Selden McCabe

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's there. It shows up as
checked
on the add/remove programs, windows components (I think under IIS).

If I right-click on my web site in IIS (this is on the server), and choose
all tasks, check front page server extensions, it does it's thing and says
all is well.

I think maybe there's another configuration step I'm missing. I've seen
some articles that mention using the front page server extensions management
console to set something for your web site, but I don't see any such tool on
my server.

---Selden

Scott Allen

I'm not extremely familiar with FPSE mgmt, but I believe everything is setup
and configured through a web site address.