...project creation failed

Guest

I just installed VS2005 and I am trying to create a new Web Site. I click
File...New Web Site, select ASP.NET Website, HTTP and I replace "Website" at
the end of localhost with my site name. Let's call it "Dog". So the web site
location will be http://localhost/Dog. I click OK.

The status line at the bottom of the screen reads: "Creating project 'Dog'"
then changes to "Creating project 'Dog' ... project creation failed."

What could I be doing wrong?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Junior,

I suggest you first try creating the website project through File System,
if that succeed, at lease the VS 2005 and website project can development
environment can function. Then, we should turn to check the ASP.NET
configuration in the IIS server. Would you provide some further info on
your development machine's OS and IIS, framework version info?

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Guest

Same results. Creating it on "File System" did not work.

This is a Windows 2000 SP4 with IIS 5.0.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your response Junior,

If the fileSystem project even fails, I'm afraid there must have some
serious problem with the VS 2005 ide's installation. I think one thing you
can still check is whether there is any security related errors on the
machine. To check this, you can download the regmon and filemon tool and
run them on the machine when you start creating website project in VS 2005
ide. If there're any file access or regsitry access failure, it will be
captured.