    The status line at the bottom of the screen reads: "Creating project 'Dog'"
    then changes to "Creating project 'Dog' ... project creation failed."

    What could I be doing wrong?
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Mar 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=

    Ward Bekker Guest

    Hi Herb,

    An alternative might be to use File System as a location. VS2005 now
    fortunately has it's own development webserver, so you don't even need
    IIS on your dev box.

    --
    Ward Bekker
    "Asp.Net Discussions for the Professional Developer"

    "Free .Net 2.0 C# to/from VB.Net Code Converter"
    http://www.dotnettaxi.com/Tools/Converter.aspx
    Ward Bekker, Mar 1, 2006

  3. Hi Junior,

    I suggest you first try creating the website project through File System,
    if that succeed, at lease the VS 2005 and website project can development
    environment can function. Then, we should turn to check the ASP.NET
    configuration in the IIS server. Would you provide some further info on
    your development machine's OS and IIS, framework version info?

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 2, 2006
  4. Same results. Creating it on "File System" did not work.

    This is a Windows 2000 SP4 with IIS 5.0.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Mar 2, 2006
  5. Framework version 2.0.50727

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?=, Mar 2, 2006
  6. Thanks for your response Junior,

    If the fileSystem project even fails, I'm afraid there must have some
    serious problem with the VS 2005 ide's installation. I think one thing you
    can still check is whether there is any security related errors on the
    machine. To check this, you can download the regmon and filemon tool and
    run them on the machine when you start creating website project in VS 2005
    ide. If there're any file access or regsitry access failure, it will be
    captured.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 3, 2006