Project Failing to Debub

Guest

Hey there,

I had to rebuild my PC. When I try to start a vb.net based asp project that had previously run, I get the following error

"Error while trying to run project. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured for debug."

The following is in the web.config file:
"<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />"

Other new asp.net apps debug fine. What I am having difficulty is referencing an existing asp.net project.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steven

Trevor Benedict R

Build Menu -> Configuration Manager. What build configuration do you
have here.

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

Trevor Benedict R

There are 2 more things that you can try out.
1. Make a backup copy of the Web.Config file and copy another Web.Config
file from another project into this project folder. Restart Visual
Studio .NET and open the project and try to debug.

If it works then edit this Web.Config File to add the extra setting that
you might have had.

2. Point your browser to the default page. This should start the
ASPNET_WP.Exe. The you can goto VS.NET, Debug Menu->Processes. Select
the aspnet_wp.exe & click attach. If you are not able to see this
process then make sure the check box below the process list box is
checked.

If you are still not able to figure out then send me the web.config file
with after inserting dummy information for password etc. in a .txt file.

Since the other projects are working. The only other place could be the
config file or IIS. Since there is nothing much in IIS, I suspect the
Config file.

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

Trevor Benedict R

Open IIS -> Expand he web Site in Question -> Right click on it - >
Select Properties ->Directory Tab 9Default) -> click On Configuration ->
Locate .ASPX mapping in the listbox & Check if the DEBUG verb is set
under the allowable Verb.

This is the only option that I could think of in IIS after an after
thought. But this is a rare option unless you modified it for some
testing, taking the fact that you recently rebuilt it.

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD