project location is not fully trusted by the .NET runtime

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QldpbGxpYW1z?=, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. Hello all,

    I'm working with the DotNetNuke project, and am getting the above error when
    trying to open it in Visual Studio 2003. The Zip file was extracted to a
    local hard drive - other than C: in a folder called E:/PortalClient. I have
    the web site built, and it runs fine on the local host. The application in
    IIS is called NFBCPortal. I've been trying to solve it for some time - here
    is what I've done:

    Changed the .sln file URL to http://localhost/NFBCPortal/DotNetNuke.vbproj

    Changed the DotNetNuke.vbproj.webinfo like so:

    <VisualStudioUNCWeb>
    <Web URLPath = "http://localhost/NFBCPortal/DotNetNuke.vbproj" />
    </VisualStudioUNCWeb>

    Tried to give permission to the solution by going to Control Panel,
    Administrative
    Tools, Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration, open the MyComputer\Runtime
    Security Policy\Machine\Code Groups\All_Code\LocalIntranet_Zone, right-click
    New... and create a zone, give a name, select
    URL type for the code group and type as URL, giving URL of
    file://MyServer/NFBCPortal/*

    also tried file://Mserver/NFBCPortal/E:/PortalClient/* as directed by a post
    in this forum - turned out to be invalid.

    Posted and searched the DNN forum - no help.

    Started from scratch by right clicking on the DNN zip file, properties, and
    clicking on Unblock. I then created another sub folder called Test in
    PortalClient, made the URL changes in the two files, and opened the project
    successfully in VS 2003 without getting the not trusted warning.

    As I said before, The web site has been completed, and I really don't want
    to start from scratch. Unblocking the zip file did the trick when starting
    fresh with the test folder - there should be a way to give trust to the
    location the project is in.

    BTW, I'm using XP professional, SP2, VS2003 SQL server 2000. My project is
    not in Visual Source Safe - this is not even installed.

    Can anyone help me out?

    Thanks
    --
    Brian Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?QldpbGxpYW1z?=, Aug 2, 2005

  2. You can remove the problem by unblocking the individual files previously
    extracted from the original zip file. If there are too many files to do
    this via the UI, a programmatic approach is possible. See
    http://www.jameskovacs.com/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=6985963b-3d85-41ae-bca8-5f9efe2a79c7
    for a relevant utility with source code.

    Nicole Calinoiu, Aug 2, 2005

  3. This sounds like the answer to my problem! I'll let you know - thank you!
    --
    Brian Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?QldpbGxpYW1z?=, Aug 3, 2005
  4. That did the trick!