Project Mgt App using Java or PHP

KDawg44

Hi,

I am starting to develop a project management app. This will be an
internal app I use to manage projects.

There will be projects that have tasks, and maybe tasks that have
subtasks. I will need to keep track of notes and people assigned to
tasks. I would then like to be able to generate reports in a PDF
document to email to people that are responsible (all notes on a
project, updated notes on a project, all notes on all projects,
updated notes on all projects, all notes for a project assigned to a
person, updated notes for a project assigned to a person, etc.).

I do not want to download anything existing.... I would like to do it
myself from scratch.

My dilemma is that I am trying to decide whether I want to do a web
based system in PHP or if I want to use Java and Swing.

I have reasons for both (pros and cons) but I was hoping to get
feedback on what other people feel the better approach would be.
Sorry for the double post but I am posting this in both the PHP board
and the Java Board to get ideas from both sides.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

KDawg44 said:
[...]

You will probably be recommended to use Java here and to use
PHP in the PHP group.

:)

I would prefer a web app for this, so I would suggest either
PHP or a Java web app.

Arne