project opens once then freezes on subsequent attempts to open

Guest

I have a new computer set-up with Visual Studio.Net 2003 on Win XP Pro SP1.
I have a large project with ASP and C# which opens the first time, but after
it is compiled, freezes on open. What appears to be happening is the JIT is
getting stuck, and I have to use task manager to kill the two vs7jit.exe
processes as well as aspnet_wp.exe running under user ASPNET. When I do
this I get an opportunity to debug the System.StackOverFlowException. have
ASPNET in the debugging user group. If I disable JIT debugging in the CLR, I
can open the project. I can open the project on my old computer. If I
create another web project with JIT enabled for the CLR, I can open it just
fine even after compilation. Any ideas?