project stops at imaginary breakpoint, but no breakpoint exists

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Almost every time I start up my project (in debug mode), my project stops at
    an imaginary breakpoint. I have to press F5 to continue. The default page
    in my project is a .HTM file containing links to different pages, all of
    which are opened using JavaScript in a new window. It always breaks on the
    JavaScript line were it opens the new window. I've pasted this below. Any
    ideas on why it ALWAYS breaks, and how to keep it from doing this in the
    future?

    NOTE: I've removed the brakets > and < to keep this email from interpreting
    it as HTML.

    a href="theprojectsdefaultpage.htm"
    onclick="window.open('somenewpage.htm','newchildform','resizable,status');"
    THIS DISPLAYS AS A LINK /a

    Thanks in advance!
    Mark

    Mark, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Mark

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    from the menu
    DEBUG - Clear All Breakpoints
    See if that helps.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Apr 23, 2004

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Good idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem. Could it be that
    having an "onclick" event in a hyperlink is throwing it off??

    Thanks again.

    Mark

    Mark, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Mark

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    shouldn't.... delete the line (or comment it out) and see what happens

    Curt_C [MVP], Apr 23, 2004
  5. Mark

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    Have you re-built the solution? Is there more than one project? - does the
    build configuration re-build the correct projects in the correct order?

    I have seen this sort of thing before. After checking all of the above, exit
    VS.NET, re-start, re-build, and try again.

    Rick Spiewak, Apr 26, 2004