Prompt user when closing the browser

Guest

Is there a way to check whether the user has confirmed all his items in a
shopping cart when he is closing the browser? Then if he hasn't confirm the
items, the system can prompt him to confirm the items and let him choose to
close the browser or to confirm the items. Thank you.

Guest

I just tried this (onbeforeunload) but it prompts me even if I am navigating
to other pages. Is there any way to only catch the event of closing the
browser.

Lucas Tam

I just tried this (onbeforeunload) but it prompts me even if I am
navigating to other pages. Is there any way to only catch the event of
closing the browser.

Nope, I don't believe there is a specific onclose event.

James Doughty

I know somewhat of a solution, I don't know if it works outside IE and
I'm trying to go off my memy but if I recall you can check the mouse
click position and the value < -900

James Doughty

Great article. I've been looking a solution like that for a while. Thanks
alot.