Proof of visual consciousness

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by mantaintai@yahoo.com.cn, Jan 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Proof of visual consciousness

    >From image formation by a plane mirror to the generation of (human)

    visual consciousness

    image formation by a plane mirror , visual consciousness, transform,
    virtual image , overlap(superpose), dual identities, seeing an object

    How could an object become visible when observed by the eyes of the
    human beings, i.e., how could the electrochemical changes of the
    visual cortex and cerebral cortex be transformed into an object?
    Apparently, this transformation would never occur if we take the word
    "transformation" by the common sense. However, given the fact we could
    indeed see an object, the changes in the visual and cerebral cortex
    MUST have already been transformed into an object. Therefore,
    "transformation" here should have other implications more profound
    than commonly understood , and we ought to find out the mechanism and
    pathway involved in this process.

    The electrochemical changes in the visual and cerebral cortex must be
    firstly translated into an image. Then this image ought be changed
    into the corresponding object. In comparison with image formation by a
    plane mirror, we would elucidate the mechanisms and pathways of these
    most unexpected transformations, with an effort to reveal the mystery
    of visual consciousness .

    Does it hold true that the mirror itself produces the image (a virtual
    image) formed by a plane mirror? Definitely no. The virtual image is
    produced by the brains of human beings and animals, rather than by the
    mirror itself.

    Can it be more clearly demonstrated that the virtual image is
    generated via the brain, than analyzing the process during which the
    light enters into a plane mirror from the object, and then gets into
    the eyes and brain, thus leading to the visualization of the virtual
    image?
    Can we assume that there exists a virtual image before the light
    enters the eyes? Of course we cannot.

    The single role a plane mirror plays in the whole process is the
    reflection of light. However, after entering into the eyes, do not
    these reflected lights need further procession by the brain? The
    eventual result of this procession is seeing the virtual image.

    The reason why we are capable of taking photos of an object while
    taking pictures facing the plane mirror with a camer is NOT due to our
    capability to capture a virtual image, as there is no real light given
    out by the virtual image; rather, it lies in the fact that the
    reflected light is able to enter into the lens of the camera.

    As shown by Fig A, the convergence of the inverse expansion lines
    helps to explain the position of a virtual point. However, neither the
    virtual points nor the virtual images are produced by the convergence
    of the inverse expansion lines, as the latter are not actual entities
    while the former are existing facts. How could a non-existing inverse
    expansion line be used to explain the existing actual fact of a
    virtual image? In fact, it is exactly the mechanism of image
    generation in the brain that defines the laws(/rules) of image
    formation by a plane mirror.

    What is the ultimate role for the fact that the brain is capable of
    producing (/generating) an image( virtual image)?
    Actually, it is exactlly this capability that enables a human being to
    achieve the final results, i.e. , seeing an object, during the process
    of visual consciousness generation.

    In the following, we will explain how the brain sees an object when
    obseved by a human being.

    As shown by Fig B, when an object A is observed by the eyes and the
    brain O, a
    virtual image A' is fomed (/produced) in the first place, which
    possesses two unique
    characteristics.

    Firstly, it is exactlly identical to the object A itself. Secondly,
    and the most strikingly,
    it can be filled with the corresponding object, resulting in what we
    called the
    overlapping£¨superposing) of an object with its virtual image.

    Only the virtual image itself can be entirely overlapped(superposed)
    by the related object, and the space a virtual image occupys is called
    the virtual space , while the space of an object is defined as the
    physical space.

    Fig C shows that the virtual image A' and the object A are
    overlapped(superposed), leading to the presentation of both A' and A
    in the same position. Because the virtual image A' and the
    corresponding object A utilize an identical image after overlapping on
    each other,So, the image here has dual identities, with one as a
    virtual image and the other a physical object. The image has an extra
    character ,The image becomes the object A.
    Thus, as we see the virtual image A', we are actually observing the
    object A itself.

    It becomes apparent that the final result of visual consciousness is
    achieved via a
    two-step process, i.e., the formation of a virtual image in the first
    place, and
    secondly the overlapping(superposing) of this virtual image with the
    corresponding object.

    It is the process of overlapping(superposing) that turns a virtual
    image into a visible object. This unique character( of a virtual
    image) is best utilized in a most perfect and magic way during the
    final stage of visual consciousness.

    A A'
    ____|______|______0 £¨the eyes and the brain £©
    B Fig