Propblems with pp

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Justin Smith, Dec 31, 2007.

  1. Justin Smith

    Justin Smith Guest

    I am trying to develop a standalone application using pp (since the
    original application uses 12 libraries:

    use strict;
    use Tk;
    use Tk::JPEG;
    use Tk::pNG;
    use Tk::TextUndo;
    use Crypt::Blowfish;
    use Crypt::CBC;
    use IO::Compress::Gzip qw(gzip $GzipError) ;
    use IO::Uncompress::Gunzip qw(gunzip $GunzipError) ;
    use Date::Manip;
    use Data::Dumper;
    use LWP::Simple;
    use MIME::Base64;
    #use Tk::FontDialog;
    use Tk::DateEntry;
    use Image::Magick;
    use Text::Aspell;
    use Tk::FileSelect;
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The pp command is:

    jsmith@jsmith-desktop:~/research/free-software$ pp -M POSIX diary.pl

    But when I type:

    jsmith@jsmith-desktop:~/research/free-software$ a.out
    couldn't read bitmap file "": No such file or directoryerror reading
    bitmap file "" at Tk/Widget.pm line 205.
    at Tk/Widget.pm line 203
    jsmith@jsmith-desktop:~/research/free-software$

    Using pp -P works but I'd like to package perl with the application too.

    Any suggestions?
    Justin Smith, Dec 31, 2007

  2. Justin Smith <> writes:

    > jsmith@jsmith-desktop:~/research/free-software$ a.out
    > couldn't read bitmap file "": No such file or directoryerror reading
    > bitmap file "" at Tk/Widget.pm line 205.
    > at Tk/Widget.pm line 203
    > jsmith@jsmith-desktop:~/research/free-software$

    This problem seems to be explained at
    http://par.perl.org/wiki/FAQ#Perl_Tk_tips