proper installation of asp.net and mdac

vince

I'm transitioning into asp.net developmnent and need to
properly install asp.net and mdac... IIS is already
installed on a server on the network. Development will be
done on a seperate development pc connected to the
network using VS.NET.

sorry for the dumb quesiton, but do asp.net and mdac get
installed on the web server or the development
machine...?? Looked around on the microsoft site for an
overview of how this is done, but had no luck...

thanks for the help

Ray at

MDAC is already on the machine, although probably not the latest version.
Get the latest version at www.microsoft.com/data

Install the .net framework on whatever machine you want to be able to run
the .aspx pages.

For further support, please see a dotnet group. This group is about
"classic" asp. The dotnet groups have "dotnet" or "aspnet" in their names.

Ray at work

vince

Thanks, sorry for posting to the wrong forum...

.