    I liked the C# .NET bandwagon as the language supported properties - a
    replacement for regular get and set methods. I really wish Java would
    incorporate it in the next version.

    NiTiN, Dec 28, 2006

  2. NiTiN wrote:
    > I've used both Java and C# .NET and am a fan of both. I loved Java for
    > generics in 1.5 and Java still rocks at it. C# .NET then incorporated
    > that idea, though it's not as programmer-friendly as Java's solution.
    >
    > I liked the C# .NET bandwagon as the language supported properties - a
    > replacement for regular get and set methods. I really wish Java would
    > incorporate it in the next version.

    The best place to express that might be..
    <http://jcp.org/en/home/index>
    ...or as an RFE through the bug database.
    (both of which, others can vote for*, and
    Sun might actually be expected to read).

    * Assuming they do not vanish into the aether,
    as sometimes happens with bug reports - have
    not tried the JCP.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 28, 2006

  3. "NiTiN" <> wrote in message
    > I've used both Java and C# .NET and am a fan of both. I loved Java for
    > generics in 1.5 and Java still rocks at it. C# .NET then incorporated
    > that idea, though it's not as programmer-friendly as Java's solution.

    Really? How are Java's half-assed erased generics friendlier than C#'s
    complete implementation?

    Mike Schilling, Dec 28, 2006
  4. Mike Schilling wrote:
    > "NiTiN" <> wrote in message
    >> I've used both Java and C# .NET and am a fan of both. I loved Java for
    >> generics in 1.5 and Java still rocks at it. C# .NET then incorporated
    >> that idea, though it's not as programmer-friendly as Java's solution.

    > Really? How are Java's half-assed erased generics friendlier than C#'s
    > complete implementation?

    Who cares?

    RedGrittyBrick, Dec 28, 2006
  5. NiTiN wrote:
    > I liked the C# .NET bandwagon as the language supported properties - a
    > replacement for regular get and set methods. I really wish Java would
    > incorporate it in the next version.

    Why bother ?

    It is just get and set with same functionality but different syntax !

    It is still coding by convention not something that is enforced by
    the language/compiler.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Dec 29, 2006