Property Browser not displaying my Description attribute

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nathan Sokalski, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. I have added Description attributes to several of my Control's Properties,
    but they are not appearing in the Property Browser. Here is the declaration
    of my Property:

    <System.ComponentModel.Description("ID of the control that determines
    whether validation will occur")> _
    Public Property ConditionControlID() As String
    Get
    Return Me.conditionid
    End Get
    Set(ByVal value As String)
    Me.conditionid = value
    End Set
    End Property

    I have recompiled the Control, closed all the files, and even closed Visual
    Studio 2005, but the description still does not appear in the Property
    Browser. The Description area in the Property Browser is visible, and it has
    the property name, but it does not show the description. What am I
    forgetting and/or doing wrong? Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Oct 29, 2007

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    Tom Shelton Guest

    On Oct 29, 10:37 am, "Nathan Sokalski" <> wrote:
    > I have added Description attributes to several of my Control's Properties,
    > but they are not appearing in the Property Browser. Here is the declaration
    > of my Property:
    >
    > <System.ComponentModel.Description("ID of the control that determines
    > whether validation will occur")> _
    > Public Property ConditionControlID() As String
    > Get
    > Return Me.conditionid
    > End Get
    > Set(ByVal value As String)
    > Me.conditionid = value
    > End Set
    > End Property
    >
    > I have recompiled the Control, closed all the files, and even closed Visual
    > Studio 2005, but the description still does not appear in the Property
    > Browser. The Description area in the Property Browser is visible, and it has
    > the property name, but it does not show the description. What am I
    > forgetting and/or doing wrong? Thanks.
    > --
    > Nathan Sokalski
    > ://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan...

    I don't see anything obviously wrong here. I just did a quick test,
    and I can't recreate the issue here using VS2005. If I were you, I
    would scale this down to the smallest possible control that exhibits
    this behavior. Basically comment out all properties/methods etc. that
    aren't necessary for this particular property. Then, see if the
    problem still exits. Just a thought - are you accessing any
    datasources in the constructor?

    --
    Tom Shelton

    Tom Shelton, Oct 30, 2007