Property Grid: Attribute to only show non-inherited properties

Nathan Sokalski

I have a custom control that inherits from
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeControl. In the Property Grid in Design
View, I only want the properties that I add in my code to be displayed in
the Property Grid. Is there an attribute that will hide, by default, all
inherited properties (except of course for some of the ones like ID that you
always need, but I can use the <ComponentModel.Browsable(True) to fix that>
attribute to fix that)? Also, I would like to point out that I would have
preferred to use System.Web.UI.Control, but that did not seem to work since
my custom control involves an ITemplate (using System.Web.UI.Control would
at least have less properties to inherit). Any suggestions? Thanks.