PropertyChangeListener error. Don't get it?

michael.rygh

//quiz program

import java.applet.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.Color;
import java.awt.BorderLayout;
import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;
import javax.swing.event.*;
import java.applet.Applet;
import java.io.*;
import javax.swing.text.*;
import java.beans.PropertyChangeListener;
import java.beans.PropertyChangeEvent;
import java.text.*;

public class quiz extends JApplet implements ActionListener,
PropertyChangeListener, Runnable
{

thats the start of my code.. here is the error i get..

quiz should be declared abstract; it does not define
perpertyChange(java.beans.PropertyChangeEvent in quiz.

I have this in another program of mine and it works fine.. I don't
understand why its not working. Its probably something stupid but its
better I learn now. Thanks for your time!

Roedy Green

quiz should be declared abstract; it does not define
perpertyChange(java.beans.PropertyChangeEvent in quiz.

Several problems,

First quiz should be Quiz.

Second you did not quote the error verbatim with copy paste. There is
no such thing as perpertyChange

Third you did not implement all the methods of PropertyChangeListener
with the exact method signature(s) with the correct spellings. Copy
paste in the interface to your code or use an IDE that does that for
you.