Pros & cons of hosting on a dedicated server

Larry Webb

I've maxed out my reseller account and it looks like the best thing to
do is go with a dedicated server from the same company. The main
advantage is that my monthly costs will be fixed with nearly unlimited
domains and traffic but it has been nice having the company take care of
any problems. The server will use the cpanel interface. Any input on
making this move would be appreciated.

Larry Webb

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Larry Webb said:
I've maxed out my reseller account and it looks like the best thing to
do is go with a dedicated server from the same company. The main
advantage is that my monthly costs will be fixed with nearly unlimited
domains and traffic but it has been nice having the company take care of
any problems. The server will use the cpanel interface. Any input on
making this move would be appreciated.

There's no way you can put "unlimited" domains on a dedicated server. If
its the standard dedicated server that most Cpanel hosts offer, you can
MAYBE put 150 on there...if none of them are resource intensive. ;-)

--Tina

William Tasso

Larry said:
I've maxed out my reseller account and it looks like the best thing to
do is go with a dedicated server from the same company. The main
advantage is that my monthly costs will be fixed with nearly unlimited
domains and traffic but it has been nice having the company take care
of any problems. The server will use the cpanel interface. Any input
on making this move would be appreciated.

Do the figures work out?

I was on my 4th or 5th reseller package before I decided to move things on a
step.

Larry Webb

William said:
Do the figures work out?

I was on my 4th or 5th reseller package before I decided to move things on a
step.

I shouldn't have used the word "unlimited" (domains), but I doubt I
would ever use the space available for the number of domains I would
care to host.

There is a setup charge of $100 but my monthly cost will only go up
around $10 so the figures do work out.

Larry

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Larry Webb said:
I shouldn't have used the word "unlimited" (domains), but I doubt I
would ever use the space available for the number of domains I would
care to host.

There is a setup charge of $100 but my monthly cost will only go up
around $10 so the figures do work out.

Larry

If you are planning on signing a year contract, or something...talk to the
host and ask if they'll waive the setup fee. Alot of the times you can
bargain down the setup fee, in exchange for a long term commitment. Only do
this if you are comfortable with your host and aren't worried that you might
need to get away quickly. ;-)

--Tina