Protected folder login details

JW

Hi,

I have a folder that is protected, the users login with their unique
username and password, these are held in a text file.

Is this information logged in a way that I can use the login name as a
variable for use on my page, such as if I login as Jon the page can display
"Logged in: Jon"

The type of login I'm referring to can be found at
http://control.fasthosts.co.uk:6998/

Many thanks

Jon

Snark Hunter

JW said:
Is this information logged in a way that I can use the login name as a
variable for use on my page, such as if I login as Jon the page can display
"Logged in: Jon"

Have you tried request.getHeader("auth_user") ?

Snark

JW

I tried:
<%
TheID = request.getHeader("auth_user")
response.write TheID
%>

to test it and got

-------
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'getHeader'
-----

So I guess that's no good ????

Thanks

Jon

Phillip Windell

JW said:
I tried:
<%
TheID = request.getHeader("auth_user")
response.write TheID
%>

Assuming you mean a Windows Login.......

<% TheID = Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") %>
<%= TheID %>

If it is some other type of custom built Login, then you will have to
"Roll your own" way to test for it.

--

Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]
(e-mail address removed)