    http://control.fasthosts.co.uk:6998/

    Many thanks

    Jon
    JW, Sep 28, 2003

  2. JW

    Snark Hunter Guest

    "JW" <jon_webb@#NOSPAM#yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bl7gu3$cmf$>...
    > Is this information logged in a way that I can use the login name as a
    > variable for use on my page, such as if I login as Jon the page can display
    > "Logged in: Jon"

    Have you tried request.getHeader("auth_user") ?

    Snark
    Snark Hunter, Sep 30, 2003

  3. JW

    JW Guest

    I tried:
    <%
    TheID = request.getHeader("auth_user")
    response.write TheID
    %>

    to test it and got

    -------
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'
    Object doesn't support this property or method: 'getHeader'
    -----

    So I guess that's no good ????

    Thanks

    Jon

    JW, Oct 1, 2003
  4. "JW" <jon_webb@#NOSPAM#yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I tried:
    > <%
    > TheID = request.getHeader("auth_user")
    > response.write TheID
    > %>

    Assuming you mean a Windows Login.......

    <% TheID = Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") %>
    <%= TheID %>

    If it is some other type of custom built Login, then you will have to
    "Roll your own" way to test for it.

    --

    Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]

    WAND-TV (ABC Affiliate)