    after hitting return, no edit with function.

    Any ideas, just curious?

    Steve

    MaxPositive, Sep 6, 2003

  2. MaxPositive

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "MaxPositive" <> wrote:

    >I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
    >source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.
    >
    >http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
    >
    >You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
    >after hitting return, no edit with function.

    I can select text, graphics, save as, and there is a right click.
    That's with either Opera 7 or IE6. Looks like a problem with your
    browser.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Sep 6, 2003

  3. e n | c k m a, Sep 6, 2003
  4. MaxPositive wrote:
    > I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
    > source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.
    >
    > http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
    >
    > You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
    > after hitting return, no edit with function.
    >
    > Any ideas, just curious?

    I just went to this site to check it out (Netcape 7) and found that I
    could do all these things you mention (select text, graphics, save as,
    etc) without any tricks at all. No problem. Then I noticed I had
    JavaScript turned off, perhaps that's why? I don't know, I didn't really
    bother to check the source code of the site, but turning off JavaScript
    should do the trick.

    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Sep 6, 2003
  5. Interesting. On the site http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
    it says:
    "Web Protector also takes additional measures to further protect your
    Web site, it enables you to fully disable the right mouse-click context
    menu, disable text selection, page printing, offline use, links display,
    in addition to disabling the IE6 Image Toolbar and Smart Tags feature."

    In other words: Web Protector does everything to annoy the hell out of
    your visitors. LOL!

    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Sep 6, 2003
  6. MaxPositive

    SteW Guest

    MaxPositive wrote:
    > I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
    > source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.
    >
    > http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
    >
    > You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
    > after hitting return, no edit with function.
    >
    > Any ideas, just curious?
    >
    > Steve

    That protection/encryption is certainly something!
    Thi%73 page i%73 p%72%6Ftected by Encryption %53%63heme I

    Ste W

    SteW, Sep 6, 2003
  7. MaxPositive wrote:

    > http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

    All three are quite trivial Javascript "encryption" (actually, just
    unescaping). Simply view source (easy enough in a non-Javascript browser,
    or indeed any non-IE browser), copy the main string from the Javascript
    and unescape all the %xy characters.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 6, 2003
  8. "MaxPositive" <> wrote in message
    > I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
    > source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.
    >
    > http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
    >
    > You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
    > after hitting return, no edit with function.

    You mean this source?

    http://www.murderthestupid.com/stupid_nonworking_trick.txt

    Its the nature of the HTTP protocol that the document and all embedded
    objects are saved on your computer.
    You can't keep people from stealing it because it is already stolen

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

    EightNineThree, Sep 6, 2003
  9. MaxPositive

    bengee Guest

    MaxPositive wrote:
    > You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
    > after hitting return, no edit with function.

    It's a load of horse shit. I just went to the "Super dooper" encryption
    level 5/encrypt all page, and i could do all of that except right-click
    (and disabling Javascript cured that). Mozilla 1.4.

    I think it's a bit of a weak protection system if it relies on the user
    running IE with Javascript enabled, considering that the type of people
    who would know how to rip stuff off websites know that there's more
    browsers out there than IE6!

    It's a bit like having the master switch of an alarm system outside the
    building.

    Ben

    bengee, Sep 6, 2003
  10. MaxPositive

    Chris Morris Guest

    "MaxPositive" <> writes:
    > I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
    > source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.
    >
    > http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
    >
    > You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
    > after hitting return, no edit with function.

    Using Netscape 7.

    Encryption Scheme I - Menu, view source, okay, the entire thing's in a
    slightly encrypted document.write. Hides the website from search
    engines amazingly well, I'll give them that. I'll need to dig myself
    up a quick Perl/PHP/sed script to put the %xx values back to normal, 5
    minutes work if I don't already have one. Or I could do what I did
    for III and V.

    Encryption Scheme III - right-click is disabled as they claim (I've
    got Javascript on), text selection, links in status bar, printing
    still work.
    Anyway, I can view source, so I can save source.
    Add at the start of the Javascript the line
    document.write('<textarea rows="60" cols="60">');
    Add after the </script> a </textarea>
    Done.
    This'd have worked well on the last one, actually. Hmm, the
    attributes for all the tags appear to be missing. Interesting...maybe
    I did something slightly wrong. Anyway, I can get the image URLs by
    going to view->Page Info, so that's not much help.

    Encryption Scheme V: Yep, same as before on what they claim to have
    disabled. Solution for Scheme III worked this time too.

    But it'll work against people and SEs without Javascript, note that
    they don't encrypt any of their own pages except the samples ;)

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Sep 6, 2003
  11. Toby A Inkster, Sep 6, 2003
  12. MaxPositive

    SteW Guest

    Chris Morris wrote:

    > Add at the start of the Javascript the line
    > document.write('<textarea rows="60" cols="60">');
    > Add after the </script> a </textarea>
    > Done.

    Now add
    document.write(a);
    after eval(unescape("%66%75%6E%63%74%69%...));
    and you get the 'encryption' function

    Ste W

    SteW, Sep 6, 2003
  13. "Toby A Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > EightNineThree wrote:
    >
    > > You mean this source?
    > >
    > > http://www.murderthestupid.com/stupid_nonworking_trick.txt

    > No, I think he meant the source for the pages that are linked to from that
    > page.

    Ah. It might help if I read the whole original post, huh?
    ;-)

    I have such an aversion to idiotic javascript trickery like that site is
    trying to sell.
    Is it a wonder why people (like myself) disable client-side scripting
    altogether?

    EightNineThree, Sep 6, 2003