Protecting Code

MaxPositive

I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.

http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

Any ideas, just curious?

Steve

Steve Pugh

MaxPositive said:
I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.

http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

I can select text, graphics, save as, and there is a right click.
That's with either Opera 7 or IE6. Looks like a problem with your
browser.

Steve

Nicolai P. Zwar

MaxPositive said:
I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.

http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

Any ideas, just curious?

I just went to this site to check it out (Netcape 7) and found that I
could do all these things you mention (select text, graphics, save as,
etc) without any tricks at all. No problem. Then I noticed I had
JavaScript turned off, perhaps that's why? I don't know, I didn't really
bother to check the source code of the site, but turning off JavaScript
should do the trick.

Nicolai P. Zwar

Interesting. On the site http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm
it says:
"Web Protector also takes additional measures to further protect your
Web site, it enables you to fully disable the right mouse-click context
menu, disable text selection, page printing, offline use, links display,
in addition to disabling the IE6 Image Toolbar and Smart Tags feature."

In other words: Web Protector does everything to annoy the hell out of
your visitors. LOL!

SteW

MaxPositive said:
I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.

http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

Any ideas, just curious?

Steve
That protection/encryption is certainly something!
Thi%73 page i%73 p%72%6Ftected by Encryption %53%63heme I

Ste W

EightNineThree

MaxPositive said:
I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.

http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

You mean this source?

http://www.murderthestupid.com/stupid_nonworking_trick.txt

Its the nature of the HTTP protocol that the document and all embedded
objects are saved on your computer.
You can't keep people from stealing it because it is already stolen

bengee

MaxPositive said:
You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

It's a load of horse shit. I just went to the "Super dooper" encryption
level 5/encrypt all page, and i could do all of that except right-click
(and disabling Javascript cured that). Mozilla 1.4.

I think it's a bit of a weak protection system if it relies on the user
running IE with Javascript enabled, considering that the type of people
who would know how to rip stuff off websites know that there's more
browsers out there than IE6!

It's a bit like having the master switch of an alarm system outside the
building.

Ben

Chris Morris

MaxPositive said:
I know this can't be done, however I was interested in how to access the
source code on this site, as I can't figure it out.

http://www.protecthtml.com/product/wp/index.htm

You can't select text, graphics, save as, and there is no right click even
after hitting return, no edit with function.

Using Netscape 7.

Encryption Scheme I - Menu, view source, okay, the entire thing's in a
slightly encrypted document.write. Hides the website from search
engines amazingly well, I'll give them that. I'll need to dig myself
up a quick Perl/PHP/sed script to put the %xx values back to normal, 5
minutes work if I don't already have one. Or I could do what I did
for III and V.

Encryption Scheme III - right-click is disabled as they claim (I've
got Javascript on), text selection, links in status bar, printing
still work.
Anyway, I can view source, so I can save source.
Add at the start of the Javascript the line
document.write('<textarea rows="60" cols="60">');
Add after the </script> a </textarea>
Done.
This'd have worked well on the last one, actually. Hmm, the
attributes for all the tags appear to be missing. Interesting...maybe
I did something slightly wrong. Anyway, I can get the image URLs by
going to view->Page Info, so that's not much help.

Encryption Scheme V: Yep, same as before on what they claim to have
disabled. Solution for Scheme III worked this time too.

But it'll work against people and SEs without Javascript, note that
they don't encrypt any of their own pages except the samples ;)

SteW

Chris Morris wrote:

Add at the start of the Javascript the line
document.write('<textarea rows="60" cols="60">');
Add after the </script> a </textarea>
Done.

Now add
document.write(a);
after eval(unescape("%66%75%6E%63%74%69%...));
and you get the 'encryption' function

Ste W

EightNineThree

Toby A Inkster said:
No, I think he meant the source for the pages that are linked to from that
page.

Ah. It might help if I read the whole original post, huh?
;-)

I have such an aversion to idiotic javascript trickery like that site is
trying to sell.
Is it a wonder why people (like myself) disable client-side scripting
altogether?